Position Title: Distribution Associate
Functional Group: Production, Materials
Reports To: VP of Operations
Employment Status: Full Time, Exempt
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Distribution Associate must safely perform assigned warehouse functions utilizing established processes, procedures and tools while meeting performance expectations for productivity, quality, safety, and attendance. Functions may include, but are not limited to unloading, put-away, sorting, labeling, picking,packing, replenishing, auditing, shipping, making boxes, and other warehouse management related activities. While also performing necessary housekeeping duties to maintain a clean, safe, organized work environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Distribution Associate must be able to:
- Order fill, process, store/pick parts, materials, equipment and supplies related to PLS and PLS client’s products.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for assigned job duties.
- Responsible for current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) related to keeping a clean and safe work environment.
- Inspect goods received against purchase orders or invoices, maintaining associated records, reject and return unsatisfactory items, and ensuring documentation accuracy.
- Perform inventory cycle counts and update ERP system with correct data to ensure accurate material-on-hand quantities.
- Package and prepare products and merchandise for final shipment and post weights and shipping charges.
- Lift heavy items and operate pallet mover equipment including pallet jacks and pallet lifters.
- Utilize shipping software and weight meters to prepare, track, and properly invoice merchandise to clients and suppliers.
- Be open to cross-training within the warehouse as well as within manufacturing, if required.
- Must have the ability to communicate improvement opportunities as well as concerns within the process.
- Interact with carrier drivers.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Perform 5S/housekeeping functions as required.
- High school degree, Technical/Vocational school, or equivalent experience in a similar position
- 1-3 years in a commercial distribution center, warehouse, and/or order filling experience. Technical training may be applied in lieu of experience.
- Ability to lift, push, pull or move product up to 35 lbs and infrequently up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently standing, walking, bending, reaching, and squatting while performing tasks
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Able to cross reference material to documentation for verification with few to no mistakes.
- Excellent communication skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to speak, read and write (legibly) in the English language without assistance.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have working mathematical skills for adding, subtraction, multiplication, division.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivated, adaptable and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to clearly document required information.
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures as documented and trained.
- Experience working within medical device quality systems (cGMP) including Quality System Regulation (QSR) and ISO 13485 preferred
- Prior experience in a warehouse environment and providing exceptional customer service is preferred.
- Valid Colorado class A driver’s license with clean driving record.